Flaschengeist liqueurs and gourmet oils are a versatile and super tasty range that you can buy online or through parties in your home.
Personally, I love the parties because you have a creative consultant bring the entire range to you. This means that you can taste test the entire range, allowing you to KNOW what you like and what you want, and you can see the gorgeous range of bottles for yourself.
The bottles that hold these liqueurs are as much of a selling point for me as the liqueur inside them. This makes them a perfect gift for anyone who is a little difficult to buy for because there is a bottle to suit every taste and personality.
The other thing that you may get to experience, depending on your consultant, is a range of delicious foods and cocktails made with these versatile liqueurs.
I have just added another liqueur to my wishlist because I really want to try the Chocolate Bourbon Cake.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened,
2 cups all-purpose flour,
142g high quality, unsweetened dark chocolate
1/4 cup instant espresso (can use instant coffee)
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup Flaschengeist Bourbon Liqueur
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar), for sprinkling
Cowboy Whipped Cream
Carton sour cream
Brown sugar ( for sweetening )
Cowboy shooter to your taste
Whip all ingredients together until you reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a large pan (10 cup capacity), or two 8- or 9-inch loaf pans.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Let cool.
- Put instant espresso and cocoa powder in a 2-cup (or larger) glass measuring cup.
- Add enough boiling water to come up to the 1 cup measuring line.
- Mix until powders dissolve.
- Stir in bourbon and salt; let cool
- Beat softened butter until fluffy (2-3 minutes on high).
- Add sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, baking soda and melted chocolate, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.
- With the mixer on the lowest speed, beat in a third of the bourbon espresso cocoa mixture.
- When liquid is absorbed, beat in 1 cup flour.
- Repeat additions, ending with bourbon mixture.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes for large pan (loaf pans will take less time, start checking them after 55 minutes).
- Transfer cake to a rack. Unmold after 15 minutes and sprinkle warm cake with more bourbon. Let cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar through a mesh sieve over the cake before serving.
SERVE WITH COWBOY LIQUEUR WHIPPED CREAM
For more information and a look at the complete range of products available you can check them out on the web: www.flaschengeist.com.au
Please drink responsibly