Pasta doesn’t have to be limited to just spaghetti bolognaise, there are so many options and you are only limited by your imagination. Today we have a recipe from San Remo – it’s pasta curls with lamb, chickpea and mushroom ragu.
750g San Remo Curls
½ cup porcini mushroom
2tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, finely diced
1tbsp crushed garlic
500g lean lamb mince
1x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
200g Swiss brown mushroom, sliced
2x 400g cans crushed tomato
½ cup finely chopped parsley
Salt and Pepper
½ cup grated parmesan
- Cook according to the packet directions, drain and set aside.
- Firstly place porcini mushrooms into a bowl and pour enough hot water to cover, set aside.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil, add the onion and garlic on medium heat. Add mince and stir with a spoon to break down the mince. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until mince is cooked and lightly browned.
- Next add chickpeas, Swiss brown mushrooms to pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Take the liquid from the porcini mushrooms and add to pan. Next add tomatoes, stir and reduce heat, simmer for 25 minutes or until sauce is rich and a thick consistency.
- Finally add parsley and the cooked pasta to pan and season.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of San Remo
Beauty and Lace is an online magazine for women. We hope you enjoyed this article!