The rose is the flower of romance, a flower that many gardeners take extremely seriously and great pride in. There is more to the thrall of the rose than its physical beauty; it is also well known for its medicinal properties and ability to subtly enhance the flavour of food, and we can’t forget its perfume.
Queen Fine Foods has recognised all of these properties and captured them in a simple no mess no fuss essence that puts the benefits of the rose firmly within reach of even the amateur home cook.
Here is a Middle Eastern inspired recipe for figs that is simple enough and promises to be tasty.
1 cup honey
2 tsp Queen Rosewater Essence
4 large fresh figs
1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
Extra 2 tbs honey
1 tbs pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- Place honey, Queen Rosewater Essence and 1 tbs water into a deep saucepan.
- Stir over a medium heat until combined and mixture comes to a simmer.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a cross on the top of each fig, through the stem, and open slightly.
- Add figs to honey, standing up.
- Cook for 1 minute spooning honey mixture constantly over fruit whilst cooking.
- Transfer figs to a plate.
- Pour liquid into a jug.
- Put yoghurt into a bowl. Add extra honey and ripple through yoghurt.
- Transfer figs to serving plates.
- Pour syrup over figs and spoon yoghurt on the side.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and serve.
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!