Every occasion throughout the year sees Mum slaving in the kitchen for hours to feed the entire family, and often everyone else we choose to invite along, so this Mothers Day why not treat her to a day off and a home cooked meal.
Leading Adelaide chef and San Remo ambassador, Adam Swanson, recommends pasta because it is delicious and relatively simple. Pasta comes in such a wide range of shapes and flavours so it’s a breeze to whip up something to suit any taste, as long as you remember to consider the pasta an integral flavour of the dish.
Here is one of Adams favourite simple and flavoursome pasta recipes, sure to set mums taste buds singing when you spoil her with a home cooked meal this Mothers Day.
PASTA CURLS WITH MUSHROOMS, ZUCCHINI AND LENTILS
You will need:
- 1 pkt 500g San Remo Curls
- 4 tbspn olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & finely diced
- 1 tbspn garlic, crushed
- 10 large field mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 1x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 100g shaved pecorino cheese
- Cook pasta as per packet directions.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil on a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add the mushrooms cook gently for 3 minutes then add the zucchini and the leaves from the lemon
thyme in the pan. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add stock and then lentils and reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, season.
- Drain pasta and add to the mushroom and lentil mix. Stir pasta through gently.
- Add parsley and serve
- Finish with generous amounts of pecorino shavings.
For more fabulous pasta dishes see: www.sanremo.com.au
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!