A delicious breaky option complimented with the nutritional goodness of Australian Bananas.
Makes 6 large pancakes
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 30 gm or 1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 120 gm or 1 cup of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped and 1 banana, sliced
Option: Honey Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- 25 ml of lemon juice
1. In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until well pureed.
2. Add the egg yolks, sugar, milk and butter and mix well with a fork or whisk.
3. Mix in the flour and baking powder gently.
4. In another clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they are white and fluffy (or use a mixer),
then fold into the banana mixture.
5. Heat a non-stick frypan until hot and then turn down to medium. The frypan shouldn’t need greasing.
6. Cook a big spoonful of the mixture and when it starts to cook around the edges, flip over and continue to cook until golden.
7. Place the pancake onto a plate and cover with foil until all the mixture is used up.
8. Sprinkle the pancakes with pistachios and sliced bananas.
For the Honey Syrup Option
1. Mix the lemon and honey in a jug and heat for 1 minute in the microwave to combine
Recipe courtesy of Australian Bananas.
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x