Are you bored at breakfast time? Here is your chance to mix it up with this delicious Banana Smoothie Bowl recipe courtesy of Australian Bananas. This would also suit an after dinner craving!
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Freezing: 4 hours
- 2 large ripe Cavendish bananas
- 125g (8) strawberries, halved
- 1¼ cups chilled coconut water
- ⅔ cup Greek yoghurt
- 100g (¾ cup) frozen mango
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 tsp honey
- Toasted muesli, sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, passionfruit and edible flowers and herbs, to serve
1. Leaving bananas in their skin, place into the freezer. Put strawberries into a snap lock bag and freeze with banana for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth. Divide between two chilled serving bowls. Top with muesli, fresh fruit and flowers and herbs. Serve immediately.
For Vegan option
Replace the yoghurt with coconut yoghurt.