Do you like to share a decadent breakfast with the family on the weekend? A day where you get to sit at home and relax, a morning when you can take your time over a special breakfast or brunch? My family loves a weekend breakfast of pancakes, or omelettes, or bacon and eggs.
My family are also a sweet toothed family of chocolate lovers so this summer I think I will be trying out this delicious and decadent sounding breakfast of choc chip pancakes with the addition of nice healthy stonefruit.
CHOC CHIP PANCAKES WITH MAPLE NECTARINES
1 bottle pancake mix
½ cup dark choc bits
1 cup/250ml maple syrup
4 yellow nectarines, stones removed and cut into thin wedges
1. Prepare pancake mix following the directions on the packet.
2. Melt a little butter in a frypan, add ¼ cup of the pancake mix, sprinkle with some choc bits.
3. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, flip and cook until golden. Repeat with the remaining mix and choc bits.
4. Heat the maple syrup and nectarines and bring to boil, cook until the nectarines are soft.
5. Serve stacks of pancakes topped with nectarines in syrup.
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!