If you are looking for a creative side dish for your next family function or just want to mix it up at dinner time, try this Creamy Italian Pasta Salad featuring Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing.
Serves: 4 as a side
Preparation Time: 25 minutes + cooling
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 2 cups wholemeal penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into thin coins
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 200g tinned artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pitted mixed olives, sliced in half
- ¼ cup Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing
- Pour 1.5 litres of water into a large saucepan and add the salt. Bring the water to the boil and add the penne pasta. Check the packets instructions for required cooking time. Cook the pasta until al dente. Add the frozen peas into the cooking pasta 3 minutes before it is finished.
- Once the pasta is cooked until al dente, drain the peas and pasta in a colander and place into a large salad bowl. Place the bowl of cooked pasta and peas into the fridge to cool.
- Heat a small pan over a medium heat, add a little olive oil and place in the coins of zucchini. Panfry the zucchini pieces until golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool.
- Remove the cooled pasta from the fridge and add in the fried zucchini pieces, artichokes, sundried tomatoes and olives.
- Drizzle over the Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing and toss to combine all of the ingredients. Serve the salad immediately or place back into the fridge until ready to serve.
Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing is available nationally in Coles, Woolworths, IGA and other independent supermarkets, speciality delicatessens and fruiterers. RRP $5.30 for a 350mL bottle. For more information, visit http://www.cardinissaladdressing.com/
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x