Entertaining people with varied dietary requirements has just been made easier with Barilla and their range of gluten free pastas that cook and taste just like regular pastas.
“There is no need to compromise on taste and texture to enjoy pasta without gluten. Extensive research was undertaken to ensure that our product delivers the quality that people have come to expect from Barilla. The pasta, unlike other gluten free pastas on the market, doesn’t have undesirable traits like grittiness and can be cooked as pasta should – ‘al dente’,” says Barilla Australia’s executive chef, Andrea Tranchero.
Gluten Free Elbows pasta salad with fresh tomatoes and eggplant sauce
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
350g Barilla Gluten Free Elbows
4 large tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
10 basil leaves, chopped
1 fresh Mozzarella bowl or 100g, diced
50g Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved
2 eggplants, cut in half length ways
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Rock salt, for pasta water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place eggplants skin side down on a roasting tray, sprinkle with salt and oil and bake in the oven until soft or for about 30 minutes. When ready remove the pulp and discard skins. Blend the pulp in a blender and season to taste.
3. Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large saucepan. When boiling, add rock salt (7g to a litre of water).
4. Drop the Barilla Gluten Free Elbows into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
5. In a large bowl, add the fresh tomatoes, basil and Mozzarella, add salt and pepper to taste and combine with 2 tablespoons of oil.
6. Drain the pasta 1 minute before the suggested time and toss with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. Then add the eggplant sauce and stir to combine.
7. Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano and a drizzle of oil.
Recipe courtesy of Barilla
For more great recipes check them out at www.barilla.net.au
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!