Cater for guests with a gluten free diet at your next dinner party with Barilla’s new range of gluten free pastas that still cook and taste like regular pasta.
In this day and age, it’s more and more common for Australians to have food allergies, intolerances or other issues with food. Problems with gluten are high on this list, with Coeliac disease affecting an increasing number of Australians.
The new range of gluten free pastas are a unique formulation of flours that are naturally gluten free rather than refined starches. This combination enables it to cook and taste like regular pasta.
Gluten Free Penne Rigate with Olives, Sicilian Fennel Salad and Basilico Sauce
Serves 4 People
350g Barilla Gluten Free Penne Rigate
1 jar Barilla Basilico sauce
1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Fresh red chili
½ cup of green olives
½ fennel bulb
100g Parmesan Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Rock salt, for pasta water
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large fry pan, cook the onion and garlic in a little oil. Once golden, add the pitted olives.
2. Add the Barilla Basilico sauce and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the Gluten Free Penne Rigate to plenty of salted boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the pack.
4. Meanwhile, peel the orange and cut it in segments, slice the fennel and combine in a bowl with olive oil and salt
5. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time.
6. Toss the pasta with the sauce and cook for a further 1 minute.
7. Remove from the heat and garnish the fennel salad with cheese and serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of Barilla.
For more great recipes check them out at www.barilla.net.au
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!