Egg recipes for lunch – Delicious!
So here is another offering from Australian Eggs for a scrumptious scrambled lunch option.
Pitas Filled with Ham and Pesto Scrambled Eggs
Preparation time: 10 minutess
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
2 tbsp cream
1 tbsp fresh basil pesto paste
300g shaved ham
2 large lettuce leaves
2 wheat pitta bread cut in half
1. Lightly beat the eggs with the cream and pesto.
2. Heat the butter in a non-stick saucepan, when melted and bubbling add the egg mixture.
3. Cook while stirring for two minutes or until just set.
4. Heat the ham in the same pan until becoming slightly crispy on the edges.
5. Carefully open the pita pockets, place in a lettuce leaf, then the ham and spoon in the scrambled egg.
6. Serve immediately.
For more egg-cellent egg recipes head over to the Eggs website and egg-splore: Australian Eggs
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!