Eggs are an egg-cellent source of protein and Omega 3, they are a natural source of at least 11 different vitamins and minerals and antioxidants; which makes them a great addition to any healthy balanced diet.
This little recipe looks divine; as well as ridiculously good for you. Just looking at it is making me hungry.
Poached Eggs with Avocado and Feta Smash on Sourdough
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60g crumbled feta cheese, goat or cow milk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread (each serve)
1. To make the “smash”, place avocado halves in a bowl and fork through to create a rustic mash.
2. Add lemon juice, crumbled feta, chopped parsley, dill and chopped cherry tomato. Mix well.
3. Bring a medium shallow saucepan of water and vinegar to the boil. Break egg into a small dish.
4. Reduce the heat, to the water, to a simmer. Carefully slide in the egg.
5. Repeat this process with remaining eggs.
6. Allow 3 – 4 minutes for poached eggs with firm whites and soft runny yolks. Cook longer for a firmer egg.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon, rest on a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
8. Smear Smash on toasted sourdough and top with two poached eggs
For more egg-cellent egg recipes head over to the Eggs website and egg-splore: Australian Eggs
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!