During winter it is especially difficult to stick to a healthy eating plan, with the cold weather leaving you craving comfort food. This recipe for Salmon With Warm Roast Vegetable Couscous Salad is satisfying and refreshing while still being warm to eat.
This recipe features Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 x 200g portions of salmon, skin removed
- 1 cup couscous
- 100g pumpkin, diced
- 100g sweet potato, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add the salmon to the tray along with the diced pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini and red onion to the baking try and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the tray into the oven and roast the salmon and vegetables for 15 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes to the tray and roast for a further 5 minutes until the skin is blistered. Remove the tray from the oven and let the salmon and vegetables cool slightly.
- Pour the dry couscous into a bowl and cover with 1 cup of boiling water. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 6-7 minutes until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork and set aside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced roasted pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini and red onion to the couscous along with the basil. Toss to combine the vegetables and couscous.
- Serve up the roast vegetable couscous salad onto plates and drizzle with Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing. Top with salmon and garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes.
Recipe courtesy of Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing