Jomeis Fine Foods have been manufacturing Sweet Balsamic Reduction since 2000 and they have recently launched a new version which is 100% certified organic. It is sweetened with coconut sugar which is a much healthier alternative to refined sugar, with a more natural manufacturing process and a lower GI.
Today we bring you one of the delicious recipes from Jomeis Fine Foods using their Sweet Balsamic Reduction.
Time: 30 minutes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup of red wine
2 tablespoons of Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
500g of roasted baby beetroot
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
1 zest of lemon
1/2 cup of caramelised onions
1 sheet of puff pastry
100g of walnuts
Garnish: premade caramelised onions, goats cheese and basil
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Prepare the baby beetroots by washing. Place them in the centre of a large piece of aluminum foil. Fold up the sides of the foil to form a pouch, leaving the pouch open at the top.
3. Roast the beetroot for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a small paring knife can be inserted into the centre of the beetroot with no resistance. Set aside to cool slightly. Peel off the skin and cut in half.
4. Using a pan suitable for the oven, add olive oil, red wine, Sweet Balsamic Reduction and sugar to heat over a moderate flame. Then reduce the heat.
5. Add beetroots until the liquid has reduced into a syrup.
6. Add thyme, lemon zest, caramelised onions, season to taste. Cut pastry to size of pan or place over the top, tucking the edges into pan.
7. Cook in oven for 10 minutes.
8. While tart is cooking, dry pan fry walnuts in a hot pan. Add a small amount of Sweet Balsamic Reduction toss through. Allow to cool, and they will become crunchy.
9. Once tart is golden brown and cooked, take it out from the pan. Garnish with additional caramelised onions, goats cheese, caramelised walnuts, and basil. Ready to serve.
Note: To make caramelised onions, slice 3 red onions with a little extra virgin olive oil. Cook onions till they are soft and transparent. Add 1 tablespoon of Sweet Balsamic Reduction and cook for a few minutes.
For more great recipes please visit them at: Jomeis Fine Foods.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!