Summer is no time to spend slaving over a hot stove, so don’t heat up your kitchen, and instead let your slow cooker do all the work!
Now you can break your slow cooker out of hiding with McCORMICK Slow Cookers recipe bases and create delicious, fresh, summer dishes such as Rolled Lamb with Stuffing and Potatoes for easy entertaining that won’t get you hot under the collar!
Try this delicious recipe of Rolled Lamb with Stuffing and Potatoes:
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 4-6 hrs
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 100g pine nuts
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 x 40g sachet McCORMICK Slow Cookers Garlic & Herb Lamb Shanks
- 2kg (approx) lamb rolled shoulder, untied and open
- 12 small or 8 medium chat potatoes
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, pine nuts, water and McCORMICK Slow Cookers recipe base in a large bowl.
- Mix well and press the stuffing mixture onto the inside of the lamb.
- Roll the lamb and whilst keeping it tight, place the string under one side and tie.
- Wrap the string around the lamb until the roll is held together and secure.
- Brown lamb and pour off any excess fat.
Place potatoes into the slow cooker insert pot with the lamb on top. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on HIGH. (Keep covered during cooking. Cooking times may vary between slow cooker models)
- Let lamb rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving with potatoes.
For more inspiration, download your FREE summer slow cooking recipe book at www.mccormickslowcookers.com.au, which is guaranteed to keep you cool in the kitchen this summer!
McCORMICK Slow Cookers recipe bases include 12 varieties, all available for just RRP $1.55 in supermarkets nationally. The following six recipe bases have been used to develop a range of summer slow cooking recipes; Garlic and Herb Lamb Shanks, Roast Lamb with Rosemary Gravy, Country Chicken Casserole, Mediterranean Chicken, Mild Chicken Curry, and Roast Beef with Onion Gravy.