Sinusitis can be an unpleasant condition. Symptoms can include congestion, headache and even facial and/or dental pain. In chronic cases, the symptoms can last for weeks on end. Many suffer in silence, as existing treatment options have proved ineffective.
Gerald Quigley’s Top Tips for Relieving Sinusitis
Gerald Quigley is a practicing Community Pharmacist, Accredited Herbalist and Health Presenter on 3AW Radio. Gerald’s qualifications and experience provide his customers and listeners a unique overview of health from a holistic perspective.
Gerald has provided some useful lifestyle and nutrition tips to help provide you with some relief from sinusitis pain. These tips are simple and easy to incorporate into your daily life and although they may require minor changes, they could help make a major difference in relieving the pain of sinusitis.
- Try using a warm pack over the sinus area.
- Find out if you have any food allergies eg milk or salicylates. (Salicylates are found in foods from plants: fruit, some vegetables, herbs, spices, tea and flavour additives).
- Avoid smoking or exposure to passive smoke.
- Have a cuppa – two cups of fenugreek tea supports sinus draining.
- Give your immunity a boost with a multivitamin twice a day – this also ensures nutrient support.
- Try irrigating your nasal passages with an isotonic saline. This keeps the nasal passages clear of allergenic material.
- Use a nasal spray to clear and drain mucus from the nasal cavities. (Nasodren with Cyclamen extract is effective and only needs to be applied once per day).
- Increase your dietary intake of garlic, onions, horseradish and ginger.
- The use of a humidifier at home, in the office or in your bedroom helps keep the air moist.
- Sleep with the head of your bed elevated or with extra pillows.
- If it’s a very cold night, wear a beanie to bed (seriously!)
- If gastro-oesaphageal reflux is a cause of your sinusitis, treat with acidophilus and a fibre supplement.
New rapid sinusitis treatment.
Nasodren is an innovative, fast and effective treatment for sinusitis (acute or chronic). It helps drain, clear and decongest the sinuses. When sprayed once per day into each nostril, Nasodren thins mucus, opens the sinuses and facilitates rapid draining of retained mucus. Users will feel the effects of Nasodren within a few minutes of the very first spray.
To find out more about Nasodren please visit: www.biorevive.com/products/nasodren/
10 Members of our Beauty Chick Chat panel who suffer from sinusitis have been trialling Nasodren. Read below to find out what they thought…