Mr. Wonka’s Stupendous Study of Chocolate, reveals that for 90% of Australians chocolate is their preferred sweet treat of choice*.
48% of the nation’s chocolate eaters said unwrapping and eating a block of chocolate is as exciting for them as waking up on Saturday morning and realising it’s the weekend. Mr Wonka wonders if he could invent a chocolate that could summon the weekend on cue. A potentially preposterous pondering!
The poignant childhood memories created by Mr. Wonka’s original 1971 feature film – Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory – live on in our nation’s psyche. Reminiscent of little Charlie Bucket’s experience, Wonka’s Stupendous Study of Chocolate found that Australia’s sweetest childhood memory was walking to the local corner shop to buy a special treat.
The study also found that:
Those that choose chocolate over other sweet foods are more creative and adventurous than their lolly or ice cream counterparts.
The nation’s chocolate eaters said unwrapping and eating chocolate is as exciting for them as:
- Spending time with close friends (28%)
- Receiving and unwrapping birthday presents (22%)
Aussies show slightly peculiar and particular ritualistic behaviours around chocolate.
- 25% insist that the block of chocolate must be facing upwards so they can see the pattern on the top whilst eating it
- 1 in 10 Australians have to eat squares from a specific direction, so only from left to right or opposite
- 1 in 3 of us also prefer to suck their chocolate than chew it
WONKA Chocolate is available in Woolworths, IGA and selected independent grocers, petrol and convenience outlets, including the newest creations WONKA Cookie Creamery and WONKA Mudpuff Caramelstuff.
Mr WONKA would like to remind that the sheer delight of sharing means you’re really caring, when you’re really sharing, a scrumdiddlyumptious treat
We have 6 prize packs to give away for you to share with family and friends. Each includes:
- 1x 170g Chocolate Tales family block
- 1x 170g Triple Chocolate Whipple family block
- 1x 170g Caramel Hat Trick family block
- 3x 45g Mudpuff Caramelstuff individual bars
- 3x 45g Cookie Creamery individual bars
Each prize pack is valued at $27.81. Total prize value is $166.86
For your chance to win tell us about your chocolate eating habits in the comment section below.
Competition closes 18/10/14 midnight AEST. You must be subscribed to the Beauty and Lace newsletter OR a Facebook fan to enter. Make sure you use a valid email address so we can contact you if you are a lucky winner
Terms and conditions
– All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
– Prize not negotiable, and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
– One entry per person
– Competition open to Australian residents only
– Entries are only valid if all required fields have been entered. No responsibility accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries.
– All entries become the property of Beauty and Lace. Your details will not be given or sold to any third parties unless required for claiming of the prize.
– We reserve the right to make changes to the prize and competition if required.
– Winners will be notified by email
* Wonka’s Stupendous Study of Chocolate surveyed over 1,000 Australians nationally, aged 18-54 years in July 2014.