We have established that I love eggs. Egg-cellent, eggs-traordinary eggs. Fried eggs, boiled eggs, beaten eggs, drippy eggs, scrambled eggs, omelettes, french toast – I LOVE eggs.
Eggs are healthy, nutritious, versatile, delicious and they can be such fun. So I am loving checking out these new egg recipes from Australian Eggs and I will definitely be trying this cheesy egg and bread bake.
Cheesy Egg and Bread Bake with Roast Tomato
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
300g white thick sliced bread, crusts removed
200g cheddar cheese, grated
100g parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tbsp chives, chopped
3/4 cup lite pouring cream
40g butter, melted
1 large punnet assorted baby tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cut the bread into small chunks and place into a large bowl along with the cheeses and herbs.
2. Whisk the eggs and cream together. Season well.
3. Pour egg mix over bread, leave to soak for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180o Celsius.
5. Place the tomatoes in a baking dish, lightly brushed with the oil and seasoned. Place in the oven, for 10 minutes, until just soft.
6. Lightly grease a 1 litre ceramic baking dish with the butter.
7. Pour in the bread mix, drizzle over the remaining butter.
8. Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden.
9. Serve immediately with the roast tomatoes.
For more egg-cellent egg recipes head over to the Eggs website and egg-splore: Australian Eggs
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!