Eggs-cellent egg recipes aplenty at the moment and I for one love a good omelette. I think this one will have to go on menu sometime soon.
The best thing about an omelette is it is fantastically versatile for any meal of the day. Hearty start to the day for breakfast, healthy and filling lunch or an easy dinner.
Chorizo, Tomato and Feta Pan Omelette
1 tbsp oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 chorizo sausage, diced
15 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
100g Persian feta, crumbled
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
1/2 lemon, juice
1. Preheat your grill, so it’s nice and hot.
2. Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick fry pan. Add the onion, fry gently for 3 minutes until soft.
3. Add cubed chorizo (the chorizo will sizzle, releasing spices and oils).
4. Add the tomatoes and basil, cook for another 1 minute.
5. Remove from the pan and set aside.
6. Mix the eggs together with a fork, season.
7. Return the pan to the heat, when hot, pour in the beaten egg. Swirl the egg mix with the fork for 30 seconds, then scatter in the chorizo mix along with the cheese and parsley.
8. Place the pan under the grill, until the omelette is golden brown.
9. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and squeeze of lemon.
For more egg-cellent egg recipes head over to the Eggs website and egg-splore: Australian Eggs
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!