Monday 22nd September is National White Chocolate Day, and the following recipe from the book “Recipes from the Chocolate: A Love Story 65 Chocolate Dessert Recipes from Max’s Private Collection” is the perfect way to celebrate.
Anonymous white chocolate cosmopolitans in the famous martini glass from the TV series, served with a touristy wasabi chocolate peanut cluster
¼ cup whole milk
200 grams white chocolate, chopped
1 ¾ cups vodka
¾ cup Cointreau
1 cup cranberry juice
Juice of 1 lemon
Chocolate-covered Peanuts (recipe follows)
1. Bring the milk to a boil, then pour it over the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Cover and let sit until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Set aside until cool, about 20 minutes.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, and lemon juice. Shake well and serve in tall glasses.
Yield: 5 servings
Chocolate- covered Peanuts
1 pinch wasabi powder
2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
45 salted peanuts
1. Line a baking sheet with baking paper or Silpat.
2. Mix the wasabi powder with 1 teaspoon water. Stir until smooth.
3. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof mixing bowl set over simmering water (a bain-marie) or in a bowl in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in the wasabi. Dip 3 peanuts at a time in the chocolate and place on baking paper. Refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours. Serve along with White Chocolate Cosmopolitans.
Yield: about 15 servings