Banana and Pecan Wholemeal Muffins are not only deliciously delightful, but are also full of nutritional goodness. The scrumptious and simple assortment of ingredients makes for a quick recipe that can be whipped up as a healthy snack for both you and the kids.
Containing the highest antioxidant ingredients of all nuts, Pecans are an excellent ingredient for maintaining a healthy and happy body, and are now proudly Australian grown.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 5 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup pecan meal (Pecan meal is ground pecans and can be used in dishes to contribute to a healthy wholemeal texture )
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 210ºC (conventional oven), 190ºC (fan forced). Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add the honey and oil to the bananas and mix.
- Fold in the vanilla, flour and pecan meal and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds and bake at 210ºC (conventional oven), 190ºC (fan forced) for 20minutes, or until browned.
- When cooked remove the muffins from the mould and place on a wire rack to cool.
For more information on pecans please visit: www.pecanfan.com.au