This one I think looks like it would make a great weekend brunch…. I wonder if I can get hubby to make it for me this weekend.
Baghdad Eggs With Quinoa
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180o Celcius.
2. Lightly grease 4 x 1 cup capacity baking dishes with a little butter.
3. Divide the cooked quinoa between the four dishes and crack two eggs into each dish.
4. In a small pan, melt the butter until it starts to foam, then add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until it changes colour.
5. Add the cumin, lemon juice and mint and seasoning then pour it evenly over the egg dishes.
6. Place in to the oven for 12 minutes, cooking longer if firmer eggs are required.
Serve immediately with toasted flatbread.
For more egg-cellent egg recipes head over to the Eggs website and egg-splore: Australian Eggs
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!