The new version of Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction is suitable for almost all dietary restrictions; it is 100% organic, free from artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, non GMO, halal certified, gluten and dairy free, and ideal for vegans or vegetarians.
Today we bring you a recipe from the Jomeis Fine Foods website that sounds delicious.
Middle Eastern Cous Cous with Vegetables & Sweet Balsamic Caramelised Figs
Time: 25 minutes
2 cups of couscous
3/4 cups of water
3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 red onion finely chopped
1 glove of garlic thinly sliced
1/4 pumpkin peeled and finely chopped
1 red capsicum finely diced
1 green capsicum finely diced
1 lemon zest
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1/2 Arabian figs
2 tablespoons of Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction
A pinch of saffron
2 pinches of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Fresh lime juice
Garnish fresh coriander, mint and caramelised figs
1. Place 3/4 cups of cold water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous and stir, cover. Set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Fluff couscous with a fork to separate the grains. Cover to keep warm.
2. In a small saucepan add olive oil, red onion, garlic, pumpkin, lemon zest, red and green capsicum, and fry till cooked through and season to taste.
2. In a separate pan, add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, figs and Sweet Balsamic Reduction and reduce. Leave to cool.
3. In a separate pan, dry fry saffron, cinnamon, cumin, and nutmeg together. Grind in a mortar and pestle.
4. Mix together spices, vegetables, fresh lime juice, and add to cooked couscous.
5. Top with coriander, mint, caramelised figs and drizzle of Sweet Balsamic Reduction.
6. Garnish and Serve.
Note: Instead of pan frying vegetables, for a chunkier version, they can be cut up in large cubes and roasted in the oven before hand.
For more great recipes please visit them at: Jomeis Fine Foods.
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!