There are some fantastic vitamins and minerals contained in Australian Bananas so why not make this great for you fruit into a deliciously decadent dessert sure to become a family favourite.
Makes 8 servings
Banoffee pie is a household favourite and this no bake recipe makes it a quick and easy treat.
• 23 cm diameter spring form cake tin
• 1 x 250 gm packet of Granita or Marie Biscuits
• 125 gm butter, melted
• 1 x 495 gm tin sweetened condensed milk
• 50 gm or 2 ½ tablespoons of butter, cubed
• 3 tablespoons or 60 gm golden syrup
• 4-5 firm bananas
• 400 ml cream, whipped
• 50 gm dark chocolate, grated
1. Crush the biscuits in a food processor until you have fine crumbs then and add the melted butter. Process again to combine. The crumbs should stick together when squeezed.
2. Press into the spring form cake tin halfway up the sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
3. Place the cubed butter and the golden syrup into a saucepan and heat, stirring until melted.
4. Add the tin of condensed milk and stir on medium heat for approximately 5-8 minutes until the mixture bubbles, thickens and starts to change colour.
5. Remove from the heat and cool for a couple of minutes before pouring into the chilled crumb crust.
6. Refrigerate until cold and firm. The pie can be made up to this point and finished when you are ready.
7. Slice three bananas and mix them with the whipped cream.
8. Pour into the tart shell on top of the chilled caramel and smooth down to a nice flat surface.
9. Sprinkle chocolate shavings onto the top of the tart and then decorate with the final sliced banana.
• If making ahead of time, toss the bananas in a small amount of lemon juice
• This pie is very rich and you only need a small slice
For more great recipes head to AustralianBananas.com.au