Today we have this Charred Summer Peach Barley Salad which was created by Dan Churchill. Dan was asked to come up with something for Great Northern Brewing Co. with a summer BBQ in mind. When asked about the recipe, Dan said:
“At this time of year when you still want that touch of comfort with a light meal, this bit of vibrancy is your ticket to happiness. So fire up the BBQ, crack open that crisp beer and get your peach fire game on!”
- 1 Cup Barley
- 2 Peaches, sliced into 8ths.
- Large Bowl of Rocket
- 1/3 Cup Goats Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil and add your Barley, cook for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly soft but still holding their shape.
- Drain Barley and refresh under cold water to stop it from cooking
- Cook sliced beaches on a grill on medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until it gets a nice char, remove and set aside
- In a large bowl combine your barley, rocket, goats cheese, walnuts, olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, then fold in your peaches and enjoy