Today we have this Charred Summer Peach Barley Salad which was created by Dan Churchill. Dan was asked to come up with something for Great Northern Brewing Co. with a summer BBQ in mind. When asked about the recipe, Dan said:
“At this time of year when you still want that touch of comfort with a light meal, this bit of vibrancy is your ticket to happiness. So fire up the BBQ, crack open that crisp beer and get your peach fire game on!”
- 1 Cup Barley
- 2 Peaches, sliced into 8ths.
- Large Bowl of Rocket
- 1/3 Cup Goats Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil and add your Barley, cook for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly soft but still holding their shape.
- Drain Barley and refresh under cold water to stop it from cooking
- Cook sliced beaches on a grill on medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until it gets a nice char, remove and set aside
- In a large bowl combine your barley, rocket, goats cheese, walnuts, olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, then fold in your peaches and enjoy
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x