Pavlova is an Australian favourite, and this chocolate version makes it that little bit extra special.
6 x 59g egg whites, at room temperature
1 ½ cups CSR Pour & Store Caster Sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa, sifted
1 teaspoon white vinegar
40g dark chocolate, grated
Serves 8 –10
1. Preheat oven to 120ºC conventional oven or 100ºC fan forced (Fan forced heat is not as effective when cooking meringues or pavlova). Draw a 22cm circle on baking paper and place on an oven tray.
2. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add CSR Pour & Store Caster Sugar a tablespoon at a time until meringue is stiff and shiny. This will take about 12 minutes. (A stand mixer is most effective when making pavlova).
3. Add cocoa, vinegar and chocolate and lightly fold in with a metal spoon or spatula.
4. Spoon meringue onto baking paper to form a 22cm circle and bake for 1¼ hours. Turn off oven and allow to cool with oven door slightly ajar.
5. Place on flat serving platter. Beat cream until it forms soft peaks. Spread over pavlova and top with berries.
Beauty and Lace is an online magazine for women. We hope you enjoyed this article!