Simple yet delicious dessert options when you have people over for a barbecue are always in demand, and with the weather starting to warm it’s nearly time to start scraping down the BBQ’s. Check out this simple dessert idea from Australian Bananas.
Surprise your guests at a summer BBQ with this no fuss-dessert that’s bursting with goodness from Australian Bananas.
• 4 bananas left in the skins and cut lengthways down one side to make a pocket
• 4 tablespoons brown sugar
• ½ lemon
• ½ teaspoon of butter per banana
• ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
• vanilla ice cream to serve
1. Mix the brown sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and then divide amongst the bananas, stuffing into the centre of each.
2. Place ½ a teaspoon of butter on to the top of each banana and put each onto a piece of foil before adding to the grill plate.
3. Leave to cook for around 20 minutes.The skins will start to go black.
4. Transfer to a serving plate.
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream and crushed peanuts.
For more great recipes head to AustralianBananas.com.au