Father’s Day is fast approaching and I know that we would all love to spoil our Dad on their special day, if not Dad then maybe the other special guy in our lives – husband, father of our children, step-father of our children.
Here is one tasty way to spoil the special Dad, and it is a definite favourite with Aussie’s being one of the most ordered pub meals.
Pitango has released a fabulous recipe for lovers of Steak with Mushroom Sauce made with their very own Portobello Mushroom Soup.
Grilled Steak with Pitango Portobello Mushroom (Soup) Sauce and Crispy Potatoes
300g baby new potatoes
½ tsp salt
3 Tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 pouch Pitango Portobello Mushroom Soup
2 x 250g sirloin steaks
½ tsp salt
2 Tsp olive oil
- Cut potatoes in half and add to boiling water in a pot with salt and cook.
- Once cooked through, drain and then put in a hot pan with olive oil.
- Add the crushed cloves of garlic, rosemary and thyme. Slightly mash them into the pan and keep tossing the pan until potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Cover steaks with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place steaks on a hot griddle, turning frequently, until cooked.
- Empty pouch of soup into microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 3 – 4 minutes, until heated through. Pour into a jug.
- Serve the steak with a generous amount of mushroom sauce and the potatoes on the side.
Pitango Portobello Mushroom Soup RRP: $6.99 (600 grams, serves two) and available in the chilled section of your supermarket.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!