Recently the 2016 Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brands survey crowned Sanitarium’s Weet-Bix the Most Trusted Breakfast Food.
Sanitarium Weet-Bix are a wholesome and healthy start to the day for families and they are the favoured start to the day for my family.
Weet-Bix aren’t just fabulous for breakfast and this muffin recipe proves it. I will be putting them to the taste test next week just as soon as I go buy a can of peaches.
PEACH AND WEET-BIX MUFFINS
These muffins make great use of Weet-Bix, Australia’s favourite breakfast cereal!
• 410g can peaches in clear fruit juice
• 8 Sanitarium Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, crushed
• 1 cup wholemeal flour
• 1 cup plain flour
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 3 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ¾ cup lite milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 50g butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Drain peaches, reserve the juice and chop peaches.
2. Place the crushed Sanitarium Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, wholemeal flour, plain flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together and add the chopped peaches.
3. Pour the milk and reserved fruit juice into a bowl. Add the eggs and baking soda. Whisk to mix.
4. Pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter. Mix together, being careful not to over-mix or the muffins will be tough.
5. Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are golden and spring back at a touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.
For more information about Sanitarium and fabulous recipes please head to Sanitarium.com.au