The following recipe and tips from DéLonghi will have you whipping up a yummy affogato in less than one minute:
Throwing a dinner party for friends? Looking for a great dessert recipe? Quick and easy to make, affogato is a traditional yet delicious Italian dessert and a clever way to combine the after-dinner coffee with a sweet ice-cream treat.
To ensure you’re serving the best tasting coffee every time, consider using the NEW DéLonghi PrimaDonna XS fully automatic coffee machine – capable of producing even the most complex of coffee orders at the touch of a button.
Five steps to perfecting the affogato dessert:
- Fill a glass, mug or small bowl with 2-3 scoops of your favourite flavour ice-cream or gelato
- Select the double espresso function on your coffee machine – try the PrimaDonna XS for best results – and pop a glass underneath each spout to capture two shots with one button to save you time
- Pour a shot of hot espresso coffee over the ice cream
- For an extra hit of flavour add an extra shot of chocolate, coffee-flavoured liqueur or even a couple of chocolate coated coffee beans
- For those with a really sweet tooth try adding whipped cream to your affogato or serve with biscotti for that finishing touch