Smoothies are becoming quite the fashionable breakfast and bananas are a sought after ingredient in lots of different recipes because of their high vitamin and mineral content.
Next time you’re on the hunt for a new smoothie try out this Banana Smoothie Bowl by Australian Bananas.
Banana Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
Makes 3 bowls
The super nutritious banana and blueberry smoothie bowl takes a day’s pre-planning. You can use frozen bananas with this healthy recipe so it can be whipped up anytime.
• 4 frozen bananas
• 1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
• 2 tablespoons protein powder (or milk powder)
• 1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
• ½ cup almond milk or cow’s milk
To top your bowl:
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup mixed seeds and nuts
• Other fruit or nuts of your choice
1. Choose small deep bowls and chill them before you start.
2. Place all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until you have a nice smooth, thick puree.
3. Pour the banana smoothie into the bowls and add fruit and nuts before eating with a spoon.
For more great recipes head to AustralianBananas.com.au
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!