We are lucky enough to have our own guest chef, Kelly Hood in the kitchen creating some new recipes especially for us.
The first is Lemon Meringue Cupcakes and it uses Anathoth Lemon Curd as one of the key ingredients.
- 125gm Softened Butter or margarine
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups SR flour
- ½ cup milk
- Anathoth Lemon Curd
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup caster sugar, extra
- Pre-heat oven to 180⁰c. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until well beaten in. Add flour and milk and stir until combined.
- Divide mixture into lined muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow cakes to cook completely
- Using a knife cut out a hole in the top of each cake and fill with Anathoth lemon curd.
- To make the meringue, Beat eggs whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks. Gradually add extra caster sugar until mix is thick and glossy. Pipe or spoon meringue mix on top of each cake. Place under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes until meringue just begins to turn golden brown
Makes 12 cupcakes