Here is a recipe for a Salted Caramel Cheesecake from Abe’s Bagel Crisps – this is a delicious addition to your summer entertaining:
Ingredients – cheesecake
- 2 packets of Abe’s Bagels – Marlborough Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
- 150g of butter – melted
- 800g caramelised condensed milk
- 500g block of cream cheese – at room temperature
- ¼ cup of boiling water
- 3 tsp of powdered gelatin
- ½ tsp of salt – or to taste
Ingredients – praline
- ½ packet of Abe’s Bagels – Marlborough Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 2 tbs of cold water
- Place 2 packets of Abe’s Bagels – Marlborough Sea Salt Bagel Crisps into the bowl of a food processor and process until it resembles a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and process until combined. Press the crumbs evenly over the base and sides of a lined, 20cm springform pan using the back of a metal spoon and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place cream cheese and caramelised condensed milk into a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Place boiling water in a heatproof bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Add gelatin mix and salt to the cream cheese mixture and process until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese filling mixture over the bagel crumb base and refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of four hours.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil, and boil, without stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture turns golden. Remove from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to allow bubbles to subside. Roughly break ½ a packet of Abe’s Bagels – Marlborough Sea Salt Bagel Crisps into halves and quarters and arrange on prepared tray, pour over sugar and allow to cool before breaking into praline shards.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from spring form pan, arrange praline shards on top and serve.
ABE’S Bagel Crisps are available now in the premium snack aisle at Coles with a RRP $3.29 and Woolworths with a RRP of $3.04.
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x