Today we have a deliciously warm Spiced Pumpkin Pie recipe courtesy of Maxwell & Williams:
Spiced Pumpkin Pie:
Winter is all about indulging in rich and warming creations, using seasonal produce and spices to create decadent desserts. Warm up with this creamy spiced pumpkin pie on a buttery crust. Best served out of the oven with a dollop of freshly whipped cream, you’ll swear you were in a log cabin in front of a roaring fireplace.
- Roll out one sheet of short crust pastry to fit in the 27cm Maxwell & Williams Pyromax Pie Dish. Line the top of the pastry with non-stick baking paper and fill with oven weights or dry beans. Place shell into a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius and blind bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- In a food processor, combine 2 cups of freshly mashed cooked pumpkin, 395g sweetened condensed milk, 2 eggs and a pinch of salt.
- In the Maxwell & Williams Colour Basics Mortar & Pestle, grind two cinnamon sticks and half a nutmeg with 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger. Add spice mixture to pumpkin mixture and pulse to combine evenly.
- Pour pumpkin spiced mixture into half-baked shell and place in oven for 40 minutes. When the pie is ready, it will brown slightly around the edges and the center will appear slightly wobbly, yet firm to the touch.
- Serve from the oven on the Maxwell & Williams Artisan Acacia Long Board with a generous spoon of whipped cream.