This vegan recipe comes courtesy of Califia Farms, just in time for Veganuary!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Califia Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Glaze:
- 1/3 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon pure cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Spray two 6-count doughnut pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine flour, sugar, baking powder, optional espresso powder, salt and baking sugar. In a medium bowl whisk to combine cold brew, coconut oil, apple sauce, vinegar and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide batter between doughnut pans and bake until golden brown, until 15-20 minutes.
- For glaze, in a medium saucepan whisk to combine espresso, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, then take off heat and stir in chocolate until melted. If needed, set the pan back on the heat briefly to melt the chocolate. Whisk in coconut oil and espresso powder.
- Transfer glaze to a bowl and dip doughnuts in glaze. Top with sprinkles if desired.
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x