This banana bread is the perfect afternoon treat that’s naturally sweet and packed with the nutritional goodness of nature’s long-lasting energy snack, Australian Bananas.
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 150 gm or ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml or ½ cup of oil
- 200 ml or ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 240 gm or 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 80 gm or 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flaked coconut to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Grease and line a large loaf tin (approx. 24 cm x 10 cm).
3. Mix the bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, coconut milk and vanilla essence in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
5. Combine the two mixtures and pour into the loaf tin.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
To make gluten free Banana Coconut Bread
Replace the plain flour with 1 ½ cups (160 gm) of gluten free flour and 1 cup of almond meal.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Bananas.
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x