Gourmet Dutch Gouda Beemster is renowned for its rich and creamy taste. The cheese is made in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, ‘The Beemster’ in North Holland.
The Beemster region has unique mineral-rich soil resulting in smooth and sweet milk, and the creamiest Gouda cheese in Holland. Beemster cheese is aged in historic warehouses for between one and twenty-six months depending on the required taste.
Beemster cheese is delicious on its own and on a cheese platter but also makes for divine meals when used as an ingredient. Like these fluffy cheese souffles.
Fluffy Cheese Souffles with Chives
TYPE: Lunch, starter
TIME: 15 min
MAKES: 4 servings
- 150 g Beemster Classic
- 4 eggs, (whites and yolks separated)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. chives, finally chopped
- 4 ramekins, greased
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grate the cheese coarsely.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg yolks, half of the cheese and the chives into the egg whites.
- Fill the ramekins evenly with this mixture and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the ramekins in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes until the soufflés have risen nicely and are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the chives and serve with toasted white bread.
RRP range from $3.30 to $4.05 per 100 grams
For more information, visit www.beemstercheese.com.au