Lamingtons are an Aussie classic, and we have a recipe like you have never seen them before. These are Lamington Bananas!
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 4 minutes
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 4-5 bananas (Lady Finger or Cavendish)
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
1. Place the chocolate in a clean, dry, heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Peel and cut bananas into 4cm-thick rounds. Spread coconut into a shallow dish.
3. Dip the banana pieces, one at a time in chocolate, turning to coat all sides. Allow excess to drain then roll in coconut to coat. Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper to set. Repeat with remaining banana, chocolate and coconut.
You can replace the coconut with hundreds and thousands or a mix of both.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Bananas