Lamingtons are an Aussie classic, and we have a recipe like you have never seen them before. These are Lamington Bananas!
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 4 minutes
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 4-5 bananas (Lady Finger or Cavendish)
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
1. Place the chocolate in a clean, dry, heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 3-4 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Peel and cut bananas into 4cm-thick rounds. Spread coconut into a shallow dish.
3. Dip the banana pieces, one at a time in chocolate, turning to coat all sides. Allow excess to drain then roll in coconut to coat. Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper to set. Repeat with remaining banana, chocolate and coconut.
You can replace the coconut with hundreds and thousands or a mix of both.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Bananas
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x