Gourmet Gouda is not just for cheese platters, it can also make a delicious ingredient for soups.
Beemster gourmet Dutch Gouda is the creamiest Gouda in Holland thanks to ideal farming practices and conditions.
Pea Soup with Bacon and Cheese
TYPE: Starter, lunch
TIME: 30 min
MAKES: 4 servings
- 150 g Beemster Royaal
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onions
- 200 g lean smoked bacon cubes
- 750 g frozen peas
- 1l chicken stock
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- Chop the onions and cut the iceberg lettuce and the Beemster Royaal into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in the soup pot and sauté the onions.
- Fry the bacon cubes in the frying pan until nice and crispy. Set them aside.
- Add the peas, chicken stock and half of the lettuce strips to the onions in the soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes, then purée the soup with a hand blender.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste. Stir the remaining lettuce strips, the bacon cubes and the cheese into the soup.
- Serve with whole-wheat bread, with mustard and piccalilli relish.
RRP range from $3.30 to $4.05 per 100 grams
For more information, visit www.beemstercheese.com.au
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!