Flaschengeist is a 100% Australian owned family run business that started as a retail operation but the changing needs of the business and the economy allowed an innovative team to recognise where there was a niche in the marketplace just perfect for this product.
That niche was to sell the product at home, no-one was doing anything similar and it allowed people to learn about the products, and sample them, from someone passionate and knowledgeable about their product.
I was introduced to the product on the liqueur end of the scale but it wasn’t long before I decided I needed to try the gourmet oils as well and I am definitely converted. The Dukkah required for this recipe is a new must have item in my cupboard and I will be collecting more of the oils too – starting with these ones because the Flaschengeist Chicken Nibbles W/ Flaschengeist Basil Aioli Dipping Sauce look and sound delicious.
Flaschengeist Italiano EVOO
Parsley, Coriander, Oregano
1. Finely chop all herbs and combine with breadcrumbs and Flaschengeist Dukkah.
2. Coat tenderloins & shallow fry in Flaschengeist Italiano EVOO
AIOLI SAUCE (served cold)
3 egg yolks
1 cup Flaschengeist EVOO Basil, warmed
1 tsp fine sea salt
finely chopped fresh basil
1. Whisk yolks and 1tsp warm water.
2. Add the mixture to the jar of a blender.
3. With the machine continuously running, slowly pour in Flaschengeist olive oil, a little at a time. If the mixture thickens too quickly, add a little more warm water.
4. Continue blending adding remaining olive oil in a thin stream until the mixture emulsifies (thickens).
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!