It’s getting to the middle of the week and you need a bit of a flavour hit, but it needs to be simple and easy to get you over the hump.
Keep a little Gourmet Garden goodness in your fridge for just such a culinary emergency and you will always be able to put together something exciting and appetizing – something like this Fettucine with Grilled Chicken, Tomatoes, Basil and Parsley though I think we would swap the tomatoes for something else, snow peas probably.
2 tbsp pine nuts
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup light olive oil
1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Garlic
1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil
1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Parsley
500g chicken breast
300g grape tomatoes
Salt & pepper
- Step 1
- Combine the juice of the lemon, pine nuts, parmesan cheese & Gourmet Garden Garlic, Basil & Parsley in a food processor. Process until roughly chopped. With motor running add light olive oil & blend mixture to a smooth paste.
- Step 2
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil & season to taste.
- In large frying pan cook chicken for about 8 minutes on each side, until brown & cooked through. Set aside to rest before slicing.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large saucepan of boiling salted water according to directions on pack. Drain & toss with sliced chicken, halved grape tomatoes & enough sauce to coat pasta.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan if desired.
- SERVES 4
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!