San Remo Cous Cous has been repackaged and revamped in it’s 500g and 1kg boxes it’s 98% fat free and cooks in 5 short minutes, not to mention it is made right here in Australia. That sounds to me like the perfect basis for a light and refreshing summer meal for every family.
Leading Adelaide chef and restaurateur, Adam Swanson, says couscous is a light and easy dinner alternative to enjoy throughout the summer months. He is the owner and executive chef of Zucca at Holdfast Shores and a San Remo brand ambassador.
Next time you’re in the supermarket pick up a box of San Remo Cous Cous and try out this Lamb recipe.
500g San Remo CousCous
4 x 125g lamb back straps
4 baby eggplants, sliced
6 roma tomatoes, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sumac
salt and pepper
handful of coriander leaves
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp harissa
1. Make San Remo CousCous according to packet directions.
2. Combine oil and sumac, and brush over lamb. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook lamb on grill or BBQ on medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn, add eggplant and tomatoes and cook for a further 4–5 minutes.
4. Serve CousCous topped with sliced lamb, eggplant and tomato. Garnish with coriander.
5. Optional: Combine yogurt and harissa and drizzle on top.