There are many benefits when choosing Australian summer stonefruits. They are currently in season, with a large supply of fresh options from growers in Queensland, New South Wales and Western Australia. And, they will give you vitamins A, C and E, dietary fibre and potassium.
Australian Summer Stonefruits have kindly allowed us to share some of their recipe ideas with you, the first is for Apricot Chia Bliss Balls:
Apricot Chia Bliss Balls
Prep time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
- 250g whole raw almonds
- 18 fresh dates, stones removed
- 4 large fresh apricots, halved and stones removed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place chia seeds and coconut water in a small bowl and soak for 15 minutes.
- Place chia seeds and almonds into a food processor and process until crumbly Add dates, apricots, vanilla, zest, cinnamon and coconut and blend until a rough paste. Form into walnut sized balls and roll in coconut. Refrigerate.
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x