There are many benefits when choosing Australian summer stonefruits. They are currently in season, with a large supply of fresh options from growers in Queensland, New South Wales and Western Australia. And, they will give you vitamins A, C and E, dietary fibre and potassium.
Australian Summer Stonefruits have kindly allowed us to share some of their recipe ideas with you, the first is for Apricot Chia Bliss Balls:
Apricot Chia Bliss Balls
Prep time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
- 250g whole raw almonds
- 18 fresh dates, stones removed
- 4 large fresh apricots, halved and stones removed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Place chia seeds and coconut water in a small bowl and soak for 15 minutes.
- Place chia seeds and almonds into a food processor and process until crumbly Add dates, apricots, vanilla, zest, cinnamon and coconut and blend until a rough paste. Form into walnut sized balls and roll in coconut. Refrigerate.