Beemster is a gourmet Dutch Gouda made in North Holland. It is renowned for its rich and creamy taste that is the direct result of ideal farming conditions and practices.
Beemster cheese is delicious on its own but can also be used to make delicious meals.
Cheese soup with herbs is a perfect recipe for those cold winter days and nights.
CHEESE SOUP with Herbs.
TYPE: Starter, lunch
TIME: 35 min
MAKES: 4 servings
- 250g Beemster Aged finely grated
- 200 g Beemster Medium, coarsely grated
- 1tbsp flour
- 1 ¾ tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 250 ml chicken stock (bouillon)
- 2 tbsp. parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped into 1¼ cm pieces
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Mix the grated Beemster Aged with the flour.
- Place a spoonful of the cheese mixture on a baking tray lined with baking parchment; repeat 7 times.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes to form nice flat wafers.
- Leave the wafers on the tray to cool.
- Melt the butter in a pan and lightly sauté the onion and courgette for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the milk and chicken stock, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a blender to purée the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Stirring constantly, add the grated Beemster Medium, a little at a time until melted.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Serve the cheese soup in warmed soup plates or bowls and garnish with a generous amount of herbs. Place a cheese wafer on top and serve.
RRP range from $3.30 to $4.05 per 100 grams
For more information, visit www.beemstercheese.com.au
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!