Everyone loves a cool milkshake on a summer’s day and it’s easy to make a healthy option with the addition of Australian Bananas. Packed with natural sugars and calcium, a banana milkshake provides the perfect long-lasting energy boost.
Makes 2 glasses
- 2 bananas, cut into pieces
- 2 cups or 500 ml of milk
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons honey
- optional 1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Combine all the ingredients except the nutmeg in a high speed blender or milkshake maker until thick and smooth.
2. Sprinkle the top of the milkshakes with nutmeg before serving.
- Use any type of milk you like including dairy free.
- Use agave or maple syrup if preferred.
‘Recipe courtesy of Australian Bananas’
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x