For a deliciously different dessert option this summer why not give this plum galette a go. Serve hot or cold and a perfect accompaniment to ice-cream, sounds like a winner right there.
1 sheet of ready-made shortcrust pastry
4 plums, cut into thin wedges
2 tsp of sugar
Cream or ice-cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cut a large circle out of the sheet of pastry using a plate as a guide and place on a lined baking tray.
3. Leaving a 3-4 cm edge of pastry uncovered, spread the plum slices over base.
4. Fold the pastry edge over the plums, leaving the middle open.
5. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg with a fork or whisk.
6. Brush egg mix over pastry and sprinkle the entire Galette with sugar.
7. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve hot or cold with cream or ice-cream.
For more information and great recipes check Aussie Summer Stonefruit on Facebook.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!