The new 100% certified organic version of Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction is such a versatile product and perfect for both sweet and savoury dishes. Today we have a sweet recipe using the product from their website.
The Sweet Balsamic Berry Compote on Lemon Custard Tart looks simple enough for a budding cook to make but sophisticated enough to make statement at your next dinner party. It certainly looks mouthwatering.
Time: 40 minutes
2 sheets of sweet shortcrust pastry
1/4 cup of red wine
50g of caster sugar
2 tablespoons of Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction
100g of mixed berries, strawberries, and blueberries
1/2 cup of caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 4 lemons
1 and 1/2 cups of thickened cream
Vanilla bean deseeded
Garnish: mint, double cream or ice cream
1. Press pastry into 4 small tart 10 cm round pans, place 1/2 cup of uncooked rice on top to weigh down the pastry. Blind bake pastry in pre-heated oven at 160C for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Once browned, remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. To make berry compote, add red wine, sugar and Sweet Balsamic Reduction to a saucepan and moderately reduce down. Add berries. Bring to simmer then take off heat to cool down.
3. To make custard add eggs and sugar to a bowl, whisk together. Add a zest of lemon, lemon juice, cream and vanilla bean. Continue to whisk together until combined.
4. Pour custard into each pastry tart and bake in pre-heated oven at 160C for 10 – 15 minutes
5. Once cooled drizzle compote over tarts. Garnish with mint, ice-cream or cream and serve.
For more great recipes please visit them at: Jomeis Fine Foods.
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!