The new 100% certified organic version of Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction is such a versatile product and perfect for both sweet and savoury dishes. Today we have a sweet recipe using the product from their website.
The Sweet Balsamic Berry Compote on Lemon Custard Tart looks simple enough for a budding cook to make but sophisticated enough to make statement at your next dinner party. It certainly looks mouthwatering.
Time: 40 minutes
2 sheets of sweet shortcrust pastry
1/4 cup of red wine
50g of caster sugar
2 tablespoons of Jomeis Fine Foods Sweet Balsamic Reduction
100g of mixed berries, strawberries, and blueberries
1/2 cup of caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 4 lemons
1 and 1/2 cups of thickened cream
Vanilla bean deseeded
Garnish: mint, double cream or ice cream
1. Press pastry into 4 small tart 10 cm round pans, place 1/2 cup of uncooked rice on top to weigh down the pastry. Blind bake pastry in pre-heated oven at 160C for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Once browned, remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. To make berry compote, add red wine, sugar and Sweet Balsamic Reduction to a saucepan and moderately reduce down. Add berries. Bring to simmer then take off heat to cool down.
3. To make custard add eggs and sugar to a bowl, whisk together. Add a zest of lemon, lemon juice, cream and vanilla bean. Continue to whisk together until combined.
4. Pour custard into each pastry tart and bake in pre-heated oven at 160C for 10 – 15 minutes
5. Once cooled drizzle compote over tarts. Garnish with mint, ice-cream or cream and serve.
For more great recipes please visit them at: Jomeis Fine Foods.